Why is it so important to choose natural products especially when it comes to personal care? Well, if we are serious about our health and our family, looking for healthier alternatives is essential, especially when it comes to the one we put in our mouth.
Red Seal Natural Toothpaste is a highly trusted New Zealand brand was introduced to the Malaysian market quite recently. It allow us to have a more natural and safer brushing experience. As we are aware, there are potential irritants in the form of synthetic chemicals in the mainstream products. Such irritants can include artificial colours and flavours, triclosan, parabens and microbeads. Red Seal natural toothpaste replaces those chemicals with more natural herbal extracts and essential oils like eucalyptus, aniseed & peppermint. The combination of ingredients makes the toothpaste highly alkaline (pH >8), creating an environment discouraging the growth of bacteria.
According to Red Seal’s resident Naturopathic expert Michelle Irving “The mucosal lining inside the mouth has about 90% absorption efficiency and we are exposing our health to many toxic chemicals (in the toothpaste) without us knowing it. Therefore, we want the ingredients in our toothpaste to be as natural as possible.”
There are a total of 5 varieties available;
- Natural Toothpaste - a combination of 12 herbs and extracts to help remineralization and killing off the bacteria to prevent tooth decay and plaque formation. It has a mild, minty pleasant taste, and is suitable for the whole family.
- Natural SLS Free Toothpaste - free-of-Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS). It provides gentle protection on the mucosa layer. It is also suitable for people who wear teeth braces.
- Baking Soda Toothpaste - used to remove stains naturally, suitable for coffee or tea drinkers. It has also been used as a natural teeth whitener.
- Propolis Toothpaste - 100% New Zealand bee propolis with antiseptic and antibacterial properties, ideal for sufferers of gingivitis and sensitive gums.
- Kids Toothpaste - for the little ones. The taste is enhanced with real banana and peach flavours! The great taste encourages the kids to brush their teeth without having to worry about the risk of swallowing harmful chemicals.
The range of Red Seal Natural toothpaste is distributed in Malaysia, between RM18.70 to RM28.20. They are available exclusively at Caring pharmacies nationwide.